Review // Barry M Get up and Glow palette

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hello my Beauties and welcome to my blog!
Todays blog will be a review on the Barry M Get up and Glow palette, I have been meaning to do this for ages but wanted to give myself time to get to know the product properly and give an honest review.
Barry M says "Get Up and Glow with wonderfully warm palette, perfect for amplifying your skin's natural radiance"
It includes 1x bronzer 3x blushers 1x highlighter
The price is £6.49 and is available to buy at Boots UK. 
I love the pink packaging, thought I'll match it with my brush!
As you can see it comes in pink cardboard paper packaging , it looks very attractive to be on your dressing table or to add to your collection, it definitely did on mine. The size of it is medium and can be used for travelling as it has bronze, blush and highlight in one decent palette. The colours are quite warm tone and would suit beautifully for light/medium skin tone, pigmentation is enough to give that glowing look and is perfect for spring and summer.

 I actually really like this palette, it is cheap but also lovely quality. For a drugstore product Barry M has done really well with this. The powders it self feels silky and buttery and is pigmented, even the lightest blush colour shows up on my medium skin tone. It doesn't show very well in this photos (I don't have good quality camera lol next wish list) but I guarantee it does show well live, everyone complimented on my blushing complexion. The bronze is a warm tone, it doesn't look too orangey but also not cool brown. I must warn you though that it doesn't look well for contouring, stick to using it for bronzing your face because the warm tone makes it look quite messy for sculpting. However for bronzing it is an amazing colour, you can achieve a subtle tanned glowing look if used properly. The blush colours are coral, pink and light rosy pink, I usually use the coral shade for blush, it is my favourite out of them all and looks perfect for spring/summer, it is pigmented so I use it light-handedly and apply on the apple of my cheeks. Now the highlight I'm not that yay for it, it's more like meh. I thought it would be more pigmented like the bronze and blushes but I was quite disappointed with the highlight, it didn't really show up much (as you can see in the photo -  invisible highlight lol) I like my highlights to be blinging, like wow! and sadly this wasn't. However overall I am pleased with this purchase and will definitely continue to use it.

PROS:
pigmented, good budget buy all in 1 palette, you get 3 blushers for different looks, comes with massive mirror so ideal for travelling and silky feel.
CONS:
highlight is not that pigmented, lots of fall outs, very powdery and bronze too warm for sculpting.

And this is my review on the Barry M Get up and Glow palette :) I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog and stay tuned for more by following me via email and social media! Thank You!

Stay Beautiful,
Aki
X



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. great work..i just follow your blog.
    Greetings from Greece.
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete